How do I add more velocity?

A
Andi posted Dec 2 '16, 03:01:

I wanted to use the full 16 layer salamander grand piano, how do I edit the definition to do this?

N
Nate posted Feb 5 '19, 04:36:

I'm trying to work on this to no success.

A
Austio posted Mar 23 '20, 19:20:

Any progress on this? 3 years between posts doesn't seem hopeful, but doesn't hurt to ask!

H
HansEhv posted Mar 24 '20, 23:11:

I have nothing to add to the docs. No progress needed as it works. By the way, other samplerbox versions are using a %velocity=accurate parameter giving a much better approach to velocity. Then you might still use the velocity levels, but just for the sound=nature=timbre of the instrument, resulting in less required velocity layers for high quality.

C
Colin posted Mar 31 '20, 21:39:

Where do we get this version which allows "%%velmode=Accurate"?
I saw this in the docs, and tried it, but there is no difference after making the change. Also checked out the python script, and saw nothing in the function which reads the definition files which would provide such a functionality.

I also am reading things about multiple voices in the "readthedocs.io", and I can't seem to get that to work. I believe I have the most recent version published on samplerbox.org. Is there a github fork I am missing?

H
HansEhv posted Apr 2 '20, 21:59:

Hi Colin,
The image belonging to the documentation you refer to is linked to in the installation chapter - both a downloadable zip and a github link.

Links in next text have dashes where you to place dots.....(forum has spam protection :-) )

Downloadable zip of another fork can be found on homspace-xs4all-nl/homspace/samplerbox via the build-it tab. Github is also linked to from there.

And the one that introduced the accurate velocity is on www-nickyspride-nl/sb2/ with docs in a separate word doc.

Make sure you don't mix up docs and related images because, though the 4 versions show cooporation, they are not compatible.
The homspace one supports the 3B+; all others go to 3B. You may still have preference for them though, because of functionality you may require.

Hans

P
Pete Tinsley posted Jun 30 '20, 10:44:

It seems that you'd just record the samples played at the 16 different velocities and create a definition file to match.

eg:

Piano1_vel1_34
Piano1_vel2_34
Piano1_vel3_34
Piano1_vel4_34
Piano1_vel5_34
Piano1_vel6_34
Piano1_vel7_34
Piano1_vel8_34
Piano1_vel9_34
Piano1_vel10_34
Piano1_vel11_34
Piano1_vel12_34
Piano1_vel13_34
Piano1_vel14_34
Piano1_vel15_34
Piano1_vel16_34

This would give you 16 velocity layers for MIDI note 34.
Then do the same for each note and then make the definition file as follows....

definitiin.txt
Piano1_vel%velocity_midinote.wav

(not published)
  I want to post as guest