Audio Injector Hat

J
Jesse Mooney-Bullock posted Mar 2 '18, 19:56:

I am trying to get an AudioInjector stereo soundcard to work with SamplerBox on my Pi3, to no avail. I have edited config.txt to load correct device tree, and changed Audio Device # in samplerbox config.ini, but can't seem to get it to work. It is working in Raspian, but not with the bootable SamplerBox card. Wondering maybe if it has something to do with DPIO pins #'s. Any suggestions?

J
Jesse Mooney-Bullock posted Mar 4 '18, 05:15:

Well I did get it to work, using the basic image (samplerbox_20170710), changing settings at the top of samplerbox.py, removing any possible DPIO conflicts. (I just noticed this is how it is set in the Joseph Ernest github file, but they are set to True in the image download.)
USE_SERIALPORT_MIDI = False
USE_I2C_7SEGMENTDISPLAY = False
USE_BUTTONS = False

I also did some tweaking in the alsamixer, turning on hifi output. Working great now, excited to load up more sample-sets!

D
Dario posted Feb 5 '19, 07:16:

Hi Jesse, I don’t know if you’ll see this message since yours was from almost a year ago, but I happen to have the same pi hat you mention here, except unlike you I have no idea how to make it work. Any chance you’d share your config details?
Thanks
d

D
Dario posted Feb 5 '19, 07:17:

I mean, I think you did there, but as ignorant as I am I need a few more sentences to understand how to use that info 😋

N
Nate posted Feb 5 '19, 08:33:

Before

USE_SERIALPORT_MIDI = True
USE_I2C_7SEGMENTDISPLAY = True
USE_BUTTONS = True

After

USE_BUTTONS = False

It's code at the top of the samplerbox.py file. You need to hook up a screen and keyboard to access it. There are instructions on the site and in the forum to do this.

Maybe this doesn't answer your request, though.

D
dario posted Feb 6 '19, 16:46:

Thanks, I think I'm lost because I'm probably using a different fork, and since I can only "copy" instructions (I don't understand what I'm doing) I can't translate this to my scenario.
The fork I have has a "config" file to tweak. Actually two, I think there's deeper level configs too.
I think I'm using Hans's fork

H
HansEhv posted Feb 6 '19, 21:50:

Hi Dario,
Checked about injector and it seems you a card which fits SB quite good.
From what I understand you just need to change /boot/config.txt (or config.txt in the card's root when inserting the card in a Linux/Windows PC).
In there you need to comment the onboard soundcard:

dtparam=audio=on
=>

dtparam=audio=on

and insert (depending on your card):
dtoverlay=audioinjector-wm8731-audio
or
dtoverlay=audioinjector-addons

I don't know how to identify your card, it should be in its docs or on the print in some form. Otherwise: try.
The above is true for the PI3 supporting images of Joseph, Alex and me.

The changes Nate refers to are now indeed in a config file as you already figured out: /boot/samplerbox/configuration.txt (or again /samplerbox/configuration.txt)

I don't know about any add-ons (display/buttons/led/serialmidi) you may have build, but it would be good have start with the other GPIO users of:

USE_HD44780_16x2_LCD = False
USE_BUTTONS = False
USE_LEDS = False

I don't see why this card would interfere with the serial port, so this isn't a show stopper.
If this works, you can test for compatibility with the rest. I couldn't find a GPIO use map of this hat, so trying is the only option.

Hope this helps.
Please do feedback the results (and your card type) so I can add it to the guidelines similar to HiFiberry.

H
HansEhv posted Feb 6 '19, 21:52:

Oops .... this way too large dtoparam=audio=on looks like that because it is preceded with a hash tag.

D
dario posted Feb 7 '19, 01:16:

Hi Hans, thanks so much for taking the time to explain further. I Have to wait a bit before I can try this, the next week or so is a nightmare for me, but I'll get on it as soon as I can and try to figure out how to implement your directions. I'll post back if everything works. I'm also waiting for one of those 16x2 LCD + . buttons hat, so eventually I'kll try to make that work as well...if it get here beofre I can try I'll attempt making it all work in one shot :)
thanks again for all.

(not published)
  I want to post as guest