Alternative/extended implementation 3

H
HansEhv posted Jul 17 '18, 00:28:

Hi All,
As a follow up on http://www.samplerbox.org/forum/241 :
I'm proud to announce a new release (Sbox20180716) of this fork based on the mainstream of this website (thanks Joseph) - to avoid confusion: the streams are not interchangeable.
It contains numerous new features and enhancements compared with last post (you may need that to get the full picture), most important being:

• Support for filters, starting with the famous freeverb
  • GUI, via wired network as well via WiFi with the box acting as stand-alone access point
  • monophonic mode, more useful then it seems :-)
  • gain adjustable on sample level
  • support for embedded release samples (GrandOrgue method) like for church organs, harpsichord etc.
    Warning: default midi channel changed from 11 to 1.
    You may need to refresh the doc pages on http://homspace.xs4all.nl/homspace/samplerbox to see the latest info.
    But most of all: let it inspire you and share your enhancements too.
    Have fun, Hans
A
AlexM posted Jul 27 '18, 13:46:

As usual, love your work Hans! I look forward to having a play when I get the chance :)

H
HansEhv posted Jul 27 '18, 22:04:

Thanks mate, good to see you're still around!

J
JoshM posted Jul 27 '18, 22:55:

Hans, I am new to the Samplerbox project and have been using your new release for about a week. It really is fantastic! The web GUI is genius! Just wanted to say - Thanks!

T
trus posted Jul 28 '18, 03:46:

Hello Hans, the image is not available for downloading directly from your website, it seems like I don't have permissions to download it. Is there any chance to get the last version?
thanks!

H
HansEhv posted Jul 28 '18, 21:45:

Hi Josh, thanks for your kind feedback & enjoy

Hi Trus, just click on the link "download the latest version" on the build page and you will be directed to https://ator2109.home.xs4all.nl/samplerbox/ where you find several versions and some intermediate stuff (just ignore those). At this moment the latest is 20180716.zip.
I assume you clicked on the "exchange tab" as that is the only tab needing permissions; however you don't need that unless you need to send files directly to me.

H
HansEhv posted Jul 28 '18, 22:33:

Hi Josh, just saw what you possibly encountered: on the page with the different versions you have to right click and choose download / save as. Just clicking on doesn't work, it's a default server generated directory index.

H
HansEhv posted Jul 28 '18, 22:35:

My humble apologies, ofcourse I meant "Hi Trus". Speed kills :-)

T
trus posted Jul 29 '18, 23:06:

Hi Hans! Thanks for answering so quick. I tried already to "save as" and chrome returned a Failed-Forbidden message, so I assume you should change a security setting on your server. Older versions are accessible for download.
thanks a lot!

H
HansEhv posted Jul 29 '18, 23:38:

Hi Trus,
You're right (other ftp client having other defaults; smack on the forehead..).
It should be working now, thanks for your feedback!
Hans

T
trus posted Jul 31 '18, 00:11:

working now! thanks Hans!
BTW, do you think I might be able to add a 7 segment digit display as per the first version of SamplerBox? I already have the screen and would like to keep using it.
thanks! and congratulations for the work done :)

H
HansEhv posted Jul 31 '18, 23:29:

Well Trus, that's not just a configuration option as I've removed the logic for that when I started the fork.
Ofcourse you can also copy the 7 segment logic from Joseph's version back and adapt the display statements. But I'm still working on new versions, so it's decision time :-)

H
HansEhv posted Aug 6 '18, 01:34:

Future versions will contain the I2C 7-segment display logic.

D
dario posted Aug 23 '18, 03:26:

As a total ignorant, I have a question: Right now I'm running Samplerbox with just the Pi and a USB DAC. What do I need to add to take advantage of all the neat stuff this fork adds? or is this just for the samplerbox hardware? or can I just install it on what I use now? Sorry, I'm quite ignorant about this stuff :) ...on a separate note: is there anyway of being notified if somebody answers my post in this forum?

H
HansEhv posted Sep 1 '18, 01:41:

Just read the docs on http://homspace.xs4all.nl/homspace/samplerbox ...
...and next to getting answers to your questions, you won't even be totally ignorant anymore..

H
HansEhv posted Sep 1 '18, 01:43:

Basically you don't need to add anything. Just adapt the config correctly.

D
dario posted Sep 18 '18, 01:03:

thanks, I'll try to find time to study that, although every time I try to look up some PI related stuff I feel there's something I should already know (and don't) to understand . I'm usually pretty good at going FWD anyway and figuting it out, but lately with 2 jobs, 2 kids and the like I'm not as resourceful as I used to :)

(not published)
  I want to post as guest