Sample Length?

J
Justin posted Sep 24 '19, 16:09:

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to add my own samples, however, the samples be longer that just a few seconds. I seen in another post that its based on the RAM of the pi.

What I am trying to accomplish is to use background ambient pads while I play. These ambient pad mp3 files (can convert to .wav) can run up to 10-20 minutes of straight pad sounds.

Each pad is is a specific Key. I would like to be able to press the "C" key on a midi controller (akai 25, as shown in the demo) and trigger the selected "C ambient pad" file to play though.

Would there be a stop option in the code, to stop the sample as needed if I don't need the full length every time I would play? that could probably be fixed with some coding.

Is there a limitation to the file length that can be put into the sampler box / how much RAM would I need if I want to run a 20 minute sample (only one at a time)?

H
HansEhv posted Sep 29 '19, 03:17:

Samples are all loaded at set init, not at execution time. Space is equal to the accumilated wav sizes.
Several options to achieve what you want. You may want to look at homspace.xs4all.nl/homspace/samplerbox

(not published)
  I want to post as guest