I'm experimenting with SamplerBox and I think it's great. There is one problem though that keeps haunting me over and over again: At first, the command "mount -o remount,rw /" usually works and I can mount the filesystem writable to change stuff. But at some point, I'm getting the error message "can't find / in fstab" and I can't remount the filesystem anymore, therefore not change anything anymore.
I've read a lot about it, and all threads I found in Linux forums pretty much say that there's something missing in my fstab. As I can't edit my fstab (read-only filesystem), my only option at this point is to sweep the SD card with the original image and start from scratch.
Now, I'm sure that:
- I did never delete anything in my fstab.
- I see only one line in fstab on the fresh image (opening with "nano fstab") which mounts my Sample USB drive
- The error message occured to me at least once BEFORE even mounting the filesystem once as writable.
- My mtab shows the USB stick as the only mounted drive. No SD card with root filesystem (I don't know if that's normal).
- blkid shows a "ROOT" labelled device at / that cannot be unmounted (probably my filesystem?)
Does anyone have an idea what I can do about this? Any help is much appreciated.
And Joseph, thanks for the great project.
Best regards, Nik