Use webui or smartphone ui

C
Cyril posted Mar 10 '18, 17:36:

Hi all. I am new to this project but I think you guys are doing amazing work.
Could it be possible to avoid LCD screen and gpio usage with some webUI or native app UI ?

It would allow us to use a simple tablet/smartphone to pilot the samplerbox.
What do you think about this ?
Thanks
Cyril

H
HansEhv posted Mar 10 '18, 21:34:

Hi Cyril,
I'm working on webgui in my build/fork (not mainstream): http://homspace.xs4all.nl/homspace/samplerbox/

Sofar it works as it should in Firefox, Chrome, Edge and Silk.
For Safari (I tested Windows and some older iPads), the slider implementation did not work well. You may get around this by using Chrome or Firefox on Apple devices.
I will release it with the samplerbox acting as an independent accespoint, so you don't have to rely on existence of (wifi) networks. As this is OS stuff requiring two extra packages, it's not on github.

Releasing image+docs is not my highest priority, so this may take some time :-)
Latest image + docs is 4 month's old and thus without this and other updates.
So if you want to go for the undocumented, use the 20171127 image and pick up the latest sources from github (all necessary info on my pages).
Or just pickup pieces of coding you can use as inspiration for own purpose...

C
Cyril posted Mar 25 '18, 17:23:

Hi Hans,

I have tried your image with new samplerbox.py and regenerated audio from new samplerbox_audio.pyx.

When I try to launch samplerbox it says :
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox samplerbox.sh[477]: Traceback (most recent call last):
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox samplerbox.sh[477]: File "/root/SamplerBox/samplerbox.py", line 485, in <module>
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox samplerbox.sh[477]: filters = cdll.LoadLibrary('./filters/interface.so')
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox samplerbox.sh[477]: File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/init.py", line 443, in LoadLibrary
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox samplerbox.sh[477]: return self._dlltype(name)
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox samplerbox.sh[477]: File "/usr/lib/python2.7/ctypes/init.py", line 365, in init
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox samplerbox.sh[477]: self._handle = _dlopen(self._name, mode)
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox samplerbox.sh[477]: OSError: ./filters/interface.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox systemd[1]: samplerbox.service: main process exited, code=exited, status=1/FAILURE
Jan 01 00:17:37 samplerbox systemd[1]: Unit samplerbox.service entered failed state.

I think I may miss something here :)

H
HansEhv posted Mar 25 '18, 17:47:

Hi Cyril.
Yep, too much changes without docs :-)
On github you may have noticed (next to updated sources) two extra subidrs (webgui and filters). In filters you need to generate the filter module (./filters/interface.so).
The make.sh contains the command you can execute from the command line to do this (it does not work when executed from a shell script).
Up to the next step :-)

(not published)
  I want to post as guest