some notes never ending

A
Achille posted Apr 14 '20, 21:43:

Hello, I have installed samplerbox from Raspbian, so it works. (that's better than nothing)

Now I have some notes that don't get played or some notes that don't end, and then I have to re-hit the note for the sound to stop.
I'm using a rpi3b+, arturia keylab essential 49 over usb midi.

I also didn't found any solution up to this point on this forum or anywhere else, but great work to those who developed it anyway. Thanks

Achille

H
HansEhv posted Apr 14 '20, 21:59:

Hi,
Installing on full OS may have quirks regarding timing and latency, but this seems a new phenomenon indeed.
Before starting the ultimate digging, you may also have a look at the fork at homspace-xs4all-nl/homspace/samplerbox (replace "-" with ".").
This is based on the original samplerbox (so without the OS overhead), but supports the 3B+.
It may not be your cup-of-tea, but still wanted to let you know it exists..

A
Achille posted Apr 15 '20, 17:31:

ok i'll try this one.

A
Achille posted Apr 19 '20, 22:15:

Hey, none of them works.

P
Paul posted Jun 3 '21, 13:18:

Was there ever a solution to this? I am using old Yamaha PSS keyboards (tried a 680 and a 790) as midi controllers over the DIN socket as per the wiring diagram on this site, they work very well with Cubase on an Atari.

If I press and release the keys slowly then it works OK but if I press and release quickly then the note doesn't stop. It's like the software cannot keep up with the midi signalling. I'm using a Pi 2B.

P
Paul posted Jun 7 '21, 18:39:

Following up just in case anyone else sees this.

I went to Hans' newer Samplerbox version but had numerous problems getting it working with the original samplerbox hardware I built. I solved them all though, details here:

homspaceDOTnl/forum/thread-42.html (replace the word DOT with an actual dot)

So to anyone else reading, move to Hans' version. I no longer have the problem of notes never ending no matter how fast I play.

(not published)
  I want to post as guest