How do you use Raspberry Pi without a keyboard that happens to have a 'program' button?

A
Apalacia posted Apr 22 '22, 13:42:

I have a few midi keyboards and midi music devices, but none have that button, so I can't cycle to the next instrument (the only instrument on the SD card) and just have the default saw wave.

Is there any way to use this software on Pi without a keyboard like this? Is there even like a (qwerty) keyboard button that you can plug in to get to the next instrument?

(This seems like a huge oversight by the developers on what is really awesome software. Why just not make it easy/possible for users to add a folder to the main boot microSD and put a line of code that directs the software to check for that folder first to load, then if not present to load the default?

V
Victor posted May 21 '22, 15:12:

I think you have to create a folder called "0 something" to an USB-stick with you samples in it. so the samplebox takes the samples from there and do not take the saw samples.

V
Victor posted May 21 '22, 15:13:

I think you have to create a folder called "0 something" to an USB-stick with you samples in it. so the samplebox takes the samples from there and do not take the saw samples.

A
Apalacia posted Jun 19 '22, 22:03:

No that doesn't work. It just loads the saw

A
Apalacia posted Jun 19 '22, 22:03:

No that doesn't work. It just loads the saw

(not published)
  I want to post as guest