It is already a very old post, but thanks to it I found the right place to modify the code because my notes were about 40 cents off. I think I was not entirely sure what I exactly did, but I can just describe the workflow:
First of all, in my setup, I am using 48000 Hz.
The first thing which I tried out was the number "12" which I changed to the number "10" it changed the intervals between the numbers, so it was not the right thing. Because the Intervals between the notes were correct, but they were all about 40 cents off as already mentioned so the starting point had to be different, from where the numbers of the speed started.
For this, I changed the number 0.0 to 0.5 which gives the starting point for the first note:
“SPEED = numpy.power(2, numpy.arange(0.5, 84.0)/12).astype(numpy.float32)”.
And got quite a nice result, my C4 was already a D4 or at least close to that. Next, I changed my midi keyboard pitch to -2 halftones.
I could continue to play like that, but I was thinking, that maybe I could eventually get close to perfect results somehow, where I don’t have to make changes externally on a midi keyboard.
So I changed 0.5 to -1.5 which shifted the starting point even further, at the same time I changed 84 to 86 to change the size of matrixes/samples because with the 84 it started to “flatter”(I hope it is a correct term) and I got my C4.
So it looked like this:
“SPEED = numpy.power(2, numpy.arange(-1.5, 86.0)/12).astype(numpy.float32)”.
But as it was still a few cents off, then I changed -1.5 to -1.45; and my final result is:
“SPEED = numpy.power(2, numpy.arange(-1.45, 86.0)/12).astype(numpy.float32)”.
Hopefully, it helps somebody, who feels that their cool “Samplerbox” setup is out of tune. And maybe Joseph or somebody else will find the time to comment on this post.